Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org> on 2017/11/13 18:03:23 UTC

[VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Hey all,

I have cut Airflow 1.9.0 RC2. This email is calling a vote on the release,
which will last for 72 hours. Consider this my (binding) +1.

Airflow 1.9.0 RC2 is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/1.9.0rc2/

apache-airflow-1.9.0rc2+incubating-source.tar.gz is a source release that
comes with INSTALL instructions.
apache-airflow-1.9.0rc2+incubating-bin.tar.gz is the binary Python "sdist"
release.

Public keys are available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/

The release contains the following JIRAs:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1776
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1794
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1789
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1792
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1102

Along with all JIRAs that were in 1.9.0RC1 (see previous VOTE email for
full list).

Cheers,
Chris

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I spoke with the team at Lyft about setting up some infra to test future
RCs, until then I'll be holding my votes.

Folks at Airbnb, did you try and stage the RC?

Max

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by Arthur Wiedmer <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
Agreed. Let me cancel this vote, and start an RC3.

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
I have merged [AIRFLOW-1795] into test/stable. I think this warrants a RC3 @Chris,
But that should hopefully pass quite quickly.

Cheers
Bolke

> On 16 Nov 2017, at 20:53, Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think Ash makes some fair points. Unfortunately, I am of little use for these as I am unable to use AWS.
>
> Bolke.
>
>> On 16 Nov 2017, at 18:04, Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I'm going to let this vote go bit longer.
>>
>> Dan, Arthur, anyone else? Given the number of committers that we have, I
>> expect more votes.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Ash Berlin-Taylor <
>> ash_airflowlist@firemirror.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1795 <
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1795> is still open which
>>> breaks a number of operators from Airflow 1.8.2 to 1.9.0:
>>>
>>> RedshiftToS3
>>> S3FileTransformOperator
>>> S3KeySensor
>>> S3PrefixSensor

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
Hey all,

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@firemirror.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
I have RC2 running for a couple of days without experiencing any issues.

+1, binding

Cheers, Fokko

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.9.0rc2

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.