Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Lukas Zapletal <lz...@root.cz> on 2003/01/06 11:35:18 UTC

Directory readonly implementation in a ZIP file via HTTP [FILE]

Dears

in attachment there is a java class that implements %SUBJ%.

It needs to be tested on Java1.

Will it anyone add in the CVS or have I contact someone else?

--
Lukas Zapletal
http://www.tanecni-olomouc.cz/lzap

HAPPY NEW GNU YEAR!

Re: Directory readonly implementation in a ZIP file via HTTP [FILE]

Posted by Lukas Zapletal <lz...@root.cz>.
> Maybe I just don't know enough about this, but wouldn't a ZipDirectory
> implementation really only be suitable for small indices anyway?
> Would anyone want to search a large zipped index?
> If not kept in memory, such an index would have to be unzipped all the
> time, and if it's big unzipping would take a long time, and therefore
> the searches would take a long time.
I think unzipping doesn`t take much time, there can be some caches....

Posted by Lukas Zapletal <lz...@root.cz>.
> I'm interested in building an index and embedding it on a CD-ROM and having
> an applet search the index.  No HTTP involved.  Lukus, would your work
> enable that use?  If so, I'm very pleased!
That`s why I coded it? I created such a CDROM too!

HTTP is a must because applet have privilegies only for downloading from
the same URL as was started. So you fetch the index via file:/// URL...

> If not, are others doing this type of thing by embedding an index on a CD
> and using it from an applet?
Only signed applet.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I'm interested in building an index and embedding it on a CD-ROM and
having an applet search the index.  No HTTP involved.  Lukus, would
your work enable that use?  If so, I'm very pleased!

If not, are others doing this type of thing by embedding an index on a
CD and using it from an applet?

	Erik

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Lukas Zapletal <lz...@root.cz>.