Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> on 2022/03/09 12:07:22 UTC

[HBASE-26666] Add native TLS encryption support to RPC server/client

Hi HBase folks,

I’d like to submit a patch to add TLS encryption handler to Netty RPC client and server. This is a requirement for SASL mechs which don’t have built-in encryption support. For instance it’s a must for the JWT authentication plugin which is another project of mine for HBase.

Given that the patch changes low level stuff and I also had to make some changes in the threading logic of the client side, I need experienced HBase committers to take a closer look and make sure I’m doing the right thing.

Especially from Duo Zhang, who recently committed HBASE-24506 to address a deadlock in the Netty RPC client, I’d like to ask for a close review, because I had to touch his patch and refactor some part of it.

Thanks in advance.

Andor

Re: [HBASE-26666] Add native TLS encryption support to RPC server/client

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
…and the link for the PR:

https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/4125

Andor