Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Zarko Hristovski <za...@binaris.no> on 2016/02/03 23:08:24 UTC

bug? Launch freeze/crash on manual splash screen hiding

Experiencing a rather critical issue since getting on Cordova 6.0.0 for
iOS. We have a scenario where we hide the Cordova splash screen manually
relatively shortly after app launch. The problem is that quite often
during launch the app just stays on the splash screen instead of
continuing after hiding it, and eventually crashes. It looks like some
sort of race condition at least from a user perspective.

https://github.com/driftyco/ionic/issues/5324

If any comment please have the discussion over at Github or if pure
Cordova bug in your own Jira. This mailing list can be a bit hard to
handle.

Thanks

Re: bug? Launch freeze/crash on manual splash screen hiding

Posted by Frederico Galvão <fr...@pontoget.com.br>.
I can confirm this is an issue. Also, in my case, if I run it from the
command line with `cordova emulate ios` it works, but if I run it from
XCode it fails as described in the issue.

> Experiencing a rather critical issue since getting on Cordova 6.0.0 for
> iOS. We have a scenario where we hide the Cordova splash screen manually
> relatively shortly after app launch. The problem is that quite often during
> launch the app just stays on the splash screen instead of continuing after
> hiding it, and eventually crashes. It looks like some sort of race
> condition at least from a user perspective.
>
> https://github.com/driftyco/ionic/issues/5324
>
> If any comment please have the discussion over at Github or if pure
> Cordova bug in your own Jira. This mailing list can be a bit hard to handle.
>
> Thanks

*Frederico Galvão*

Diretor de Tecnologia

PontoGet Inovação Web