Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Vijay Vangapandu <Vi...@eharmony.com.INVALID> on 2016/06/28 18:53:30 UTC

Need help with spark GraphiteSink

Hi,

I need help resolving issue with spark GraphiteSink.

I am trying to use graphite sink, but i have no luck.

Here are the details.

spark version is 1.4 and i am passing below 2 arguments to spark-submit job in yarn cluster mode.

--files=/data/svc/metrics/metrics.properties --conf spark.metrics.conf=metrics.properties

where /data/svc/metrics is local folder in my entry node, where i am submitting spark job from.

and my metrics.properties file has below entries:

*.sink.graphite.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.sink.GraphiteSink
*.sink.graphite.host=carbon-dn1.XXXX
*.sink.graphite.port=2003
*.sink.graphite.prefix=HadoopMetrics
master.source.jvm.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.source.JvmSource
worker.source.jvm.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.source.JvmSource
driver.source.jvm.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.source.JvmSource
executor.source.jvm.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.source.JvmSource
*.sink.graphite.period=10
*.sink.graphite.protocol=tcp

Please let me know if i am missing anything.

Thanks for your help.