Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Linus Kamb <li...@iris.washington.edu> on 2005/02/03 01:03:42 UTC

message style and namespaces

Curious why when I try to send the simple XML

<Product>
	<child >some text</child>
</Product>

using axis "message" style, out the other side comes:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Product>
     <child xmlns="">some text</child>
</Product>

Note the empty namespace string.

Are namespaces required on all elements?  And if so, why isn't one
being put on the outer element?

The inner element is being created as a child MessageElement by
MessageElement.copyNode() when I create my SOAPBodyElement from the raw
XML element.

The outer SOAPBodyElement has a null namespaceURI, so I tried  forcing
the inner child element to have a null namespaceURI string, but it
still seems to come out with the empty namespace string.

Any thoughts?

Linus Kamb
linus@iris.washington.edu
(206) 547-0393 x106

Re: message style and namespaces

Posted by Linus Kamb <li...@iris.washington.edu>.
Forgot:  Using 1.2RC2

On Feb 2, 2005, at 4:03 PM, Linus Kamb wrote:

> Curious why when I try to send the simple XML
>
> <Product>
> 	<child >some text</child>
> </Product>
>
> using axis "message" style, out the other side comes:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Product>
>     <child xmlns="">some text</child>
> </Product>
>
> Note the empty namespace string.
>
> Are namespaces required on all elements?  And if so, why isn't one
> being put on the outer element?
>
> The inner element is being created as a child MessageElement by
> MessageElement.copyNode() when I create my SOAPBodyElement from the
> raw XML element.
>
> The outer SOAPBodyElement has a null namespaceURI, so I tried  forcing
> the inner child element to have a null namespaceURI string, but it
> still seems to come out with the empty namespace string.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Linus Kamb
> linus@iris.washington.edu
> (206) 547-0393 x106