Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Fenlason, Josh" <jf...@ptc.com> on 2007/03/06 20:45:35 UTC

Win64 Support?

Is it possible to build Apr 1.2.8 for Win64?  Are there any instructions
for doing so?  I've only been able to find docs for 32 bit builds on
Windows.  I'm building with MS VC 6.0.  Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.

Re: Win64 Support?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 3/6/07, Fenlason, Josh <jf...@ptc.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to build Apr 1.2.8 for Win64?  Are there any
>> instructions for
>> doing so?  I've only been able to find docs for 32 bit builds on Windows.
>> I'm building with MS VC 6.0.  Thanks in advance.
>
> IIRC, I don't think MSVC 6.0 can do Win64 builds.  MSVC 2005 can -
> I've built Subversion/APR in 64-bit mode - it was just one or two
> straightforward toggles in the Target selection, as far as I
> remember...

Correct.  Certain MSWin DDK's can, IIRC, but they may or may not
be shipping that functionality anymore in current DDK's.

Bill

RE: Win64 Support?

Posted by "Fenlason, Josh" <jf...@ptc.com>.
I think I was able to get it to build.  Unfortunately, I think I'm out
of luck on the next step of my task to, but that's for another list.
Thanks for your help.
,
Josh.

Re: Win64 Support?