Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2013/12/10 03:16:41 UTC

Knox Command Line Tooling

All -

I've updated the https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-105 jira to
reflect a possible approach to the need for tooling for Knox credentials.

It assumes an interface that requires arguments on the commandline for
initiating the appropriate tooling command and identifying the specific
Hadoop cluster context. It then assumes that the collection of the actual
password credentials would be done through the java console - much as is
done for the master password.

I suppose we could also provide a menu based interface that you enter and
make numeric choices and explicitly exit.

I believe that the general CLI pattern in Hadoop is the former rather than
the latter.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

thanks,

--larry