Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by satyajit vegesna <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/07 05:38:52 UTC

hive-metastore-2.0.0.jar changes not getting reflected while using hive.

Hi All,

I am trying to change code and see if the changes get reflected on hive
terminal.

i have tried creating a jar file from metastore dir, by changing the code
present under
path apache-hive-2.1.0-src/metastore/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore.

And once the build the jar, i am trying to replace in an existing hive-bin,
by replacing the existing hive-metastore-****.jar with my newly created
from hive-src package.

But for some reason, i do not see any changes getting reflected.

Could someone help me in understanding if the process i am following is
incorrect and need any modification.

Regards,
Satyajit.