Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Senthil Subbiah <ss...@ketera.com> on 2004/09/30 22:09:22 UTC

The value extracted through regular expression is not available for all the requests

Hi,

I have added a regular expression extractor...

Is the reference name that I am using to store the value....will be
available for all the requests below in that Thread Group?

If yes....then I have added a regular expression extractor to get a
userid value and trying to pass it in the rest of the requests....
For the first request after the extractor is added...I am able to access
the value in the variable...

But for the rest of the requests its coming out empty...

Please suggest..

I don't know...for some reason...nothing is working for me @ first
place.....i need to figure that out.... :)

Thanks
Senthil

Re: The value extracted through regular expression is not available for all the requests

Posted by Ke...@Lawson.com.
You have to scope the Regular Expression Extractor under the request that
you pull it from.  Otherwise, it will apply to every request in the
context.

For example, you want:

- Request1
        - Regular Expression Extractor
- Request2

And not:

- Request1
- Regular Expression Extractor
- Request2

In this case, Request2 would replace the value supplied by Request1.

-Kevin

"Senthil Subbiah" <ss...@ketera.com>
09/30/2004 01:09 PM
Please respond to