Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/22 11:19:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release notes / announcements for Apache ServiceMix Kernel 1.0.0

I've updated the release notes for the upcoming 1.0.0 release of
Apache ServiceMix Kernel, but I'd like feedback on the REAME [1] /
RELEASE_NOTES [2].  More importantly, I think we should send an
official announcement when this release is out.  I was thinking about
starting with the first paragraphs of the release notes, but any
improvement is really welcome:

This 1.0.0 version of Apache ServiceMix Kernel provides a stable and
efficient platform to build
OSGi based applications.  It provides the following features:
  * a local or remote shell console for inspecting the installed OSGi
applications, viewing the logs,
    viewing files, starting and stopping OSGi bundles and lots of
other nice features.  Commands can be
    added at runtime by deploying new bundles in the Kernel.
  * the file deployer allows the deployment of plain Spring-DM
configuration files, exploded or plain
    bundles.  Other types of artifacts can be handled by extending the
deployer at runtime.
  * security support for deploying keystores used for SSL connections
or new user realms for securing
    applications access.
  * a simple, yet powerful, provisioning system that allows a whole
application to be installed in a single
    command line using a simple xml descriptor that also embeds some
configuration data

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/kernel/trunk/README.txt
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/kernel/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

--