Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by gnanapandithan <m....@gmail.com> on 2015/05/12 19:33:57 UTC

Memory Leak in TomEE 1.7.0

We were using Apache Geronimo Application server in my project. Now We have
migrated to Apache TomEE 1.7.0 server. We are facing outofmemory issue in
TomEE 1.7.0 after 20 days. It is keep on increasing 50 MB daily. We couldn't
re-produce this scenario in my load box though we give more load to
application. it is working fine.

we googled the issue and find one solution for this one. It is TomEE server
JSP page renderer issue. BodyContentImpl class char array hold the memory
and it is not relasing the memory.

To fix this issue we have added below mentioned properties in
Catalino.properties file

org.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.USE_POOL=false

Will it fix this issue or I need to add any additional configuration ?

kindly help me on this.

Re: Memory Leak in TomEE 1.7.0

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I see, normally only one of both properties is needed.

I don't think we'll set it by default (I know some servers do it) to ensure
we are aligned with Tomcat which decided to do so for performances reason.
BTW feel free to ask them again since this choice has almost 10 years now.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Re: Memory Leak in TomEE 1.7.0

Re: Memory Leak in TomEE 1.7.0

Posted by gnanapandithan <m....@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Re: Memory Leak in TomEE 1.7.0

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

we stay aligned on tomcat for this part. I googled as well and found this
issue for Tomcat 5.5 but not for Tomcat 7. Are you sure it is the cause of
your issue?

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>