Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Kudumula, Surender" <su...@hpe.com> on 2015/11/24 11:06:54 UTC

Java consumer not consuming messages whereas kafka command line client consumes all the messages

Hi all

I have been trying to think why its happening. Can anyone point me to the right direction in terms of the config iam missing. Producer is on another node in the same cluster and consumer is on different node. But as I said the command line client works and consumes all the messages. If I produce a test message from the same node java client consumes it but a message produced from different node in the same cluster is not consumed. Any ideas please??

Re: Java consumer not consuming messages whereas kafka command line client consumes all the messages

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Can you provide some more detail? What version of Kafka are you using?
Which consumer are you using? Are you getting errors in the consumer logs?
It would probably be helpful to see your consumer configuration as well.

-Jason

Posted by "Kudumula, Surender" <su...@hpe.com>.
hi all