Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Carlotta Hicks <Ca...@sas.com> on 2015/01/23 05:58:45 UTC

When to stop an agent with a Spool Directory source

I am a new Flume user.  I have a java application where  I would like to start a spool directory source, file channel and hbase sink.

After I start the components and copy a file into the spooldir directory, programmatically, how do I know when to
stop the components?

RE: When to stop an agent with a Spool Directory source

Posted by Carlotta Hicks <Ca...@sas.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Mohit Durgapal <du...@gmail.com>.
correction:

 instead of "while starting the sink" i meant "while starting the agent".

Posted by Mohit Durgapal <du...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohit Durgapal <du...@gmail.com>.