Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Adam Stroud <ad...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/12 16:00:12 UTC

Upgrade

I just ugraded subversion from 1.08 to 1.1.1.  Now when I try to
commit I get the following error:

bdb:  Program version 4.2 doesn't match environment version.

Any ideas on how ti fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Upgrade

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Adam Stroud wrote:

>I just ugraded subversion from 1.08 to 1.1.1.  Now when I try to
>commit I get the following error:
>
>bdb:  Program version 4.2 doesn't match environment version.
>
>Any ideas on how ti fix this would be appreciated.

You also changed the BDB version. IIRC running svnadmin recover on every
repository should do the trick. If not, use db_recover -vh
<path-to-repo>/db. In any case, make sure that a) you make a backup of
your repository first, and b) no other program tries to access the
repository while this is going on.

-- Brane

Re: Upgrade

Posted by Marc Haisenko <ha...@webport.de>.
On Friday 12 November 2004 17:00, Adam Stroud wrote:
> I just ugraded subversion from 1.08 to 1.1.1.  Now when I try to
> commit I get the following error:
>
> bdb:  Program version 4.2 doesn't match environment version.
>
> Any ideas on how ti fix this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

I think this happens when you compile against the header files of a BDB
version and link against another. Like when you have, say, 4.1.x and 4.2.x on
you system and C uses the headers for 4.2.x and the linker uses the libraries
for 4.1.x...

--
Marc Haisenko
Systemspezialist