Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ricardo de Souza Moura <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/19 22:08:07 UTC

cactus-plugin

I have been trying run the maven:cactus-test with my project, but I always
get the error:

"The source file does not contain a deployment descriptor"

I am trying to do a EJB test.

Do I need to create a web.xml, don't I ? Where must I put this file ?

Thanks.

RE: cactus-plugin

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Ricardo,

I've modified the source so that the message is more explicit. The new
message is now:

"The WAR source file does not contain a WEB-INF/web.xml deployment
descriptor".

Are you sure you're calling the right target? To test by deploying an
EAR you must call the cactus:test-ear goal.

Note: Please use the Cactus mailing list for all messages about Cactus.
The Cactus plugin for Maven is no longer part of the Maven project (it's
part of the Cactus project).

Thanks
-Vincent