Posted to user@spark.apache.org by vimal dinakaran <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/31 20:08:17 UTC

good http sync client to be used with spark

Hi,
 In our application pipeline we need to push the data from spark streaming
to a http server.

I would like to have a http client with below requirements.

1. synchronous calls
2. Http connection pool support
3. light weight and easy to use.

spray,akka http are mostly suited for async call . Correct me if I am wrong.

Could you please let me know what is the client that suits the above ?

Re: good http sync client to be used with spark

Posted by Ryan <ry...@gmail.com>.
we use AsyncHttpClient(from the java world) and simply call future.get as
synchronous call.