Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nivedan Nadraj <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/08 09:09:51 UTC

A JDBC JSP program on Tomcat 3.1 - ClassNotFound

Hi,

   After a timely help from a good Tomcat friend I had
Tomcat running.

   Now I get this error while running a JSP program
that uses JDBC-ODBC.
The program uses a class called GenSql which is not a
bean.
  I have set the path to that folder in the
wrapper.path of tomcat.properties file. The funny
thing is that when i execute a servlet that uses the
same class it works.
  But when I run the jsp file it gave me this error.
Any clues ? Can I use simple classes or does it have
to be a bean only ?

  Thanks

  Nive

  This is the dump I got on the browser

Error: 500
Location: /examples/jsp/cal/JspRequest.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for
JSPC:\TOM\tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fexamples\_0002fjsp_0002fcal_0002fJspRequest_0002ejspJspRequest_jsp_0.java:84:
Class jsp.cal.GenSql not found.
                 GenSql sp = new GenSql(sql,con);
                 ^
C:\TOM\tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fexamples\_0002fjsp_0002fcal_0002fJspRequest_0002ejspJspRequest_jsp_0.java:84:
Class jsp.cal.GenSql not found.
                 GenSql sp = new GenSql(sql,con);
                                 ^
2 errors

	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:149)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:161)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(Compiled
Code)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled
Code)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled
Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

http://mail.yahoo.com/

RE: A JDBC JSP program on Tomcat 3.1 - ClassNotFound

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Hi Nive,

I'm not sure if this is related, but I had something strange happen last
nite...  At the top of my page, I have:

import some.package.*;

my useBean line says class="Blah"

later on the page, I refer to some static vars as Blah.STATIC_NAME.
Yesterday, it started saying that it couldn't find the Bean "Blah".  So
wouldn't you think that it wouldn't be able to find any of the static vars
as well?  That's not the case.  All I did was explicitly name the package in
my useBean line and it worked.

Friggy...

Generally, I've found Java/Tomcat CNFEs pretty right-on, except for this one
=)

- r