Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Hugo Osorio <os...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/06 17:20:44 UTC

what is the best client 4 forrest (best in spanish)

Hello people, please can you guide me to get the best and easy to use
client/editor for construct pages for Forrest?
 I need to give editors to people who only know spanish, is there any one
over there... which normal people would love just as Windows XP, by the way
everyone uses Micro$oft 98, 2000 and XP?
  thank you

Re: what is the best client 4 forrest (best in spanish)

Posted by Addi <ad...@rocktreesky.com>.
Hugo Osorio wrote:

> Hello people, please can you guide me to get the best and easy to use
> client/editor for construct pages for Forrest?
>
> I need to give editors to people who only know spanish, is there any
> one over there... which normal people would love just as Windows XP,
> by the way everyone uses Micro$oft 98, 2000 and XP?
>

> thank you

Hi Hugo,

Well, you can create Forrest pages using any text editor you like.
Don't forget that you can use plugins to use other formats for document
creation.  That is you can install the OpenOffice plugin and then write
docuemnts in OO and the plugin will take care of the transformation.  I
have also used WordPerfect's "publish as XML" with the Forrest sdocbook
plugin and I'm sure that MS Word or any other word processor that can
convert to a docbook format would work as well for that purpose.

As for XML editors, I personally have only used jEdit (free) with XML
plugins and Oxygen (low cost) editors.  They are both Java-based and so
are platform independent.  I don't believe either can be localized to
Spanish but I believe you can install a Spanish spell-checker for them.
I did a quick look around and I did find an editor called Epic Editor
from Arbortext that is localized to Spanish but I don't know anything
about the editor and it is quite expensive.  We do have Spanish-speaking
users and dev so I am sure someone can provide better info for you.

- Addi

Re: what is the best client 4 forrest (best in spanish)

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> The question was do we need to add configuration notes
> to http://forrest.apache.org/docs/catalog.html to
> explain how to configure the editor in eclipse.

Sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately I don't have it installed right
now so I can't test it.

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: what is the best client 4 forrest (best in spanish)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> > Good question. Mileston 2 provided basic catalog support, there is a
> > tutorial at
> > http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/testtutorials/M2/xml/XMLCatalogTutorial.html,
> > but I think that proper catalog support has now been added (currently in
> > M5 development). Will need to
> > check this though.
>
> Not sure what question is being answered here but:
>
> Catalog support already worked flawlessly in M3 or M4. Better than
> most commercial eclipse plugins. Tested it for use with Forrest and
> found no problems.

The question was do we need to add configuration notes
to http://forrest.apache.org/docs/catalog.html to
explain how to configure the editor in eclipse.

-David

Re: what is the best client 4 forrest (best in spanish)

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Diwaker Gupta wrote:

>>>Vim :-)
>>
>>We have an Eclipse plugin being developed that provides drag and drop
>>editing of a forrest content object as well as utilising the XML editors
>>and the like from the Eclipse toolkit. It also provides wizards for
>>creating a new site, running forrest and other common tasks.
>>
>>However, it is in an alpha state right now. It does work, but is a long
>>way form perfect (although the XML editing stuff is very mature).
>

> Does it need configuration notes to be added
> to this doc?
>  Using Catalog Entity Resolver for local DTDs
>  http://forrest.apache.org/docs/catalog.html

Good question. Mileston 2 provided basic catalog support, there is a
tutorial at
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/testtutorials/M2/xml/XMLCatalogTutorial.html,
but I think that proper catalog support has now been added (currently in
M5 development). Will need to check this though.

Ross

Re: what is the best client 4 forrest (best in spanish)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@apache.org>.
On Saturday 06 August 2005 8:20 am, Hugo Osorio wrote:
> Hello people, please can you guide me to get the best and easy to use
> client/editor for construct pages for Forrest?

Vim :-)

>  I need to give editors to people who only know spanish, is there any one
> over there... which normal people would love just as Windows XP, by the way
> everyone uses Micro$oft 98, 2000 and XP?

Works fine in Windows: http://www.vim.org/download.php

Here's an elaborate howto on using Vim as an XML editor:
http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/

HTH,
Diwaker
--