Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/03/14 17:30:13 UTC

Draft board report for Apache Atlas: March 2018

Atlas team,

Please review the draft board report below and send your feedback/comments.

Thanks,
Madhan

  Apache Atlas is a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance
  services that enables enterprises to effectively and efficiently meet their
  compliance requirements within Hadoop and allows integration with the
  complete enterprise data ecosystem

## Issues:
  There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
  - replaced Scala based DSL with ANTLR based implementation
  - added support for propagation of classifications via relationships
  - enhanced classifications with ability to specify validity periods
  - added Open Connector Framework (OCF)
  - added Open Metadata Repository Services (OMRS) API, and IGC connector skeleton
  - enhanced notifications to support V2 style data structures
  - enhanced authorization model to support fine-grained authorization
  - updated UI to render entity relationships
  - working on migration of data in Atlas 0.8.x (Titan graph DB) to Atlas 1.0 (JanusGraph)
  - released 0.8.2 and 1.0.0-alpha versions
  - planning to release 1.0.0 by end of April 2010

## Health report:
  - 5 new contributors added in last 3 months: Vishal Suvagia, Pierre Padovani, Bosco Durai, Shrinivas Kane, Mark Ottesen

## PMC changes:
  - Currently 33 PMC members
  - No new PMC members added in last 3 months
  - Last PMC member addition was on 6/21/2017

## Committer base changes:
  - Currently 37 committers
  - 1 new committer in last 3 months, Graham Wallis added on 1/9/2018
  - Last addition to committer role was on 1/9/2017

## Releases:
  1.0.0            plan to release by 04/30/2018
  0.8.2            was released on 02/05/2018
  1.0.0-alpha      was released on 01/25/2018
  0.8.1            was released on 08/29/2017
  0.8-incubating   was released on 03/16/2017
  0.7.1-incubating was released on 01/26/2017
  0.7-incubating   was released on 07/09/2016
  0.6-incubating   was released on 12/31/2015
  0.5-incubating   was released on 07/11/2015

Re: Draft board report for Apache Atlas: March 2018

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
Pierre,

> " planning to release 1.0.0 by end of April 2010" <-- Perhaps 2018?
Thanks for catching this. I will fix this while sending the report to the board.

>  I am also unclear where a curated list of remaining work for a 1.0.0 release is.
By next week, we will review JIRAs and mark relevant ones with fixVersion=1.0.0; if you are tracking any fix/update that needs to be in 1.0.0, please file a JIRA.

Thanks,
Madhan

On 3/14/18, 1:53 PM, "Pierre Padovani" <pi...@civitaslearning.com> wrote:

    I don't think you intended to say:

    " planning to release 1.0.0 by end of April 2010" <-- Perhaps 2018?

    I am also unclear where a curated list of remaining work for a 1.0.0
    release is. It would make sense to me to have that in place in order to
    determine an estimated release date.

    Pierre

Posted by Pierre Padovani <pi...@civitaslearning.com>.

Posted by Apoorv Naik <an...@hortonworks.com>.
Couple of minor date corrections. Rest looks good

- planning to release 1.0.0 by end of April 2010        -->       - planning to release 1.0.0 by end of April 2018
- Last addition to committer role was on 1/9/2017  -->       - Last addition to committer role was on 1/9/2018