Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Hess <gh...@wrappedapps.com> on 2003/03/11 23:18:45 UTC

Where's the JavaScript validation for requiredif?

Hi All,

I really like the new requiredif validation rule with rc1 what a great
addition. I am wondering if there is a reason that it's implementation
has omitted the JavaScript validation method? Is it coming?

I have been looking at implementing my own JavaScript method for this
rule but do not know how provide the required Arrays that are being auto
generated to support the JavaScript method defined in
validator-rules.xml.

Greg

RE: Where's the JavaScript validation for requiredif?

Posted by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com>.
It's missing because (A) I don't claim to be a great Javascript
developer and (B) I frankly think it would be almost impossible to
generate Javascript for it, given how complex it is.  This will be even
more true of the validwhen rule I'm going to introduce in Struts 1.2,
which generalizes all form dependency validations.  So, at least until a
Javascript guru wants to take a crack at it, requiredif is strictly
server-side.

James