Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alessandro Caviglione <c....@gmail.com> on 2017/10/25 17:38:10 UTC

Cloudstack - XenServer - ScaleIO

Hi all,
I'm doing a little PoC using Xenserver6.5 + ScaleIO and I'm quite happy
about performance.
Now, I'm thinking about how can be managed by CS.
In production, I'm using CS 4.5 with some XS6.5 and a NFS storage.
With ScaleIO, storage is presented as XenServer hosts as shared LVM volume
and it works fine.
Adding CS to my Lab, how can I use it as Primary storage?
I think I could use as local storage, but I loose all the live migration
features...
There is another way to use ScaleIO within CS environment?

Thank you.

RE: Cloudstack - XenServer - ScaleIO

Posted by Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>.
What has been the experience of people on this mailing list who has used VMware 6 or 6.5 with Cloudstack 4.9.2+?

Specifically:

1. Has the networking been stable?
2. Advanced Zone VLAN provisioning,
3. VM performance, etc.

I am getting ready to build a cluster and wanted to get an opinion.

Regards,
Marty Godsey
Principal Engineer
nSource Solutions, LLC

RE: Cloudstack - XenServer - ScaleIO

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Alessandro,

If you manually attach the ScaleIO storage to the XenServer Cluster(s), you can then add it in CloudStack as PreSetup, by specifying the SR name.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on, I've been looking at ScaleIO as there is a community version available now.

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue