Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2012/04/05 21:33:43 UTC

Oozie ASF status report for Apr'11

Hi Alan,
This is the draft I would like to add.
After getting your comments, I will update the wiki.

Regards,
Mohammad

Oozie
is a workflow management and scheduler primarily for Hadoop based jobs.

Oozie
entered the incubation on July 11, 2011.

* A
list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
graduation:
   * Add new committers.
   * Further improve the
documentations: user, development for quicker adoption.
   * Automate the formal release process.

* Any
issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of:
    * No issues.

* How
has the community developed since the last report:
   * Oozie dev/users are active in the email lists (around 2000+ Emails in
oozie-dev and 300+ in oozie-user).
   * In last one month, 67 JIRAs
were created and 49 were resolved.
* 2 new
developers from 2 new companies are contributing to coding.

* How has the project developed since the last report:
       * The first Oozie release
(3.1.3) from Apache incubator has been successfully released.
        * A new release (3.2) process
is started. The new branch is created.
        * Cookbook like
documentation was added to Oozie product web page.

Signed off by mentor: Alan Gates

Re: Oozie ASF status report for Apr'11

Posted by Christopher Douglas <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
lgtm, also. -C

Sent from mobile

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.
Looks fine to me.

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Alan.
I update it yesterday after getting Devaraj's comment.

Mohammad

Looks fine to me.  You should post this ASAP.

Alan.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.