Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Papa <pa...@arbolone.ca> on 2017/11/09 12:55:23 UTC

from JavaScript to Java

I have a web page that is made up of HTML and JavaScript code. Using
NB8.2, I have created a new 'Java Web -> Java Application with existing
source code' project, having my web page as the source code. It works
perfectly, however, I'd like to replace some JavaScript code with Java
code. How do I do this?
Thanks in advance.

--
ArbolOne.ca
Using Fire Fox and Thunderbird.

Re: from JavaScript to Java

Posted by Rodolfo Fortes <rf...@gmail.com>.
Well, I don't know what kind of code you are talking about, but I guess you
don't replace it. JavaScript is a complementary language and it's supposed
to work with a Java Web Application. That been said you can use some
frameworks to leverage the use of JavaScript, you should use JSF
(JavaServer Faces) + Primefaces for example.

If you don't know where to begin I would suggest the Java EE Tutorial.

Some links:
https://javaee.github.io/tutorial/
https://javaee.github.io/tutorial/jsf-facelets.html#GIEPX
https://www.primefaces.org/showcase/

Rodolfo

Re: from JavaScript to Java

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Please don’t send your mails to multiple addresses, it’s kind of bad
etiquette in general.

Not meaning to offend, please don’t be upset, just send your NetBeans
related mails to one address, i.e., this one.

Gj