Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Vinu Raj <vi...@wipro.com> on 2014/04/07 12:44:45 UTC

Karaf bundle install using mvn, forcing --update-snapshots option

We have an internal nexus maven repository where we publish our project
artefacts. While installing the applications in Karaf using mvn protocol, is
there a way to bypass local .m2 folder and force it check for updated
release/snapshots from remote nexus repo ? Looking for similar functionality
as

mvn --update-snapshots.

regards
Vinu

Re: Karaf bundle install using mvn, forcing --update-snapshots option

Posted by Vinu Raj <vi...@wipro.com>.
Thanks for the info. Will try this.

Posted by lichtin <li...@yahoo.com>.
One approach is configure etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg with

org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.globalUpdatePolicy=always

to always resolve the latest snapshots.

KARAF-2183 seems to have a related discussion.

Vinu Raj wrote

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Vinu & Achim,

bundle:wathc/dev:watch won't work on remote repositories.

However, as Karaf 3.0.0 uses Aether, it should update the artifacts on
in the .m2 repository.

@Vinu, do you use Karaf 2.x or 3.x ?

Regards
JB

On 04/07/2014 01:09 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Might give bundle:watch a try with Karaf 3 or dev:watch with Karaf 2.x.
> Though I'm not sure if it also works for remote repositories. It does
> work though for local .m2 repositories and usually only for snapshot
> dependencies.
>
> regards, Achim

> <ma...@wipro.com>>:
>
>     We have an internal nexus maven repository where we publish our project
>     artefacts. While installing the applications in Karaf using mvn
>     protocol, is
>     there a way to bypass local .m2 folder and force it check for updated
>     release/snapshots from remote nexus repo ? Looking for similar
>     functionality
>     as
>
>     mvn --update-snapshots.
>
>     regards
>     Vinu
>

>     --

> OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer
> & Project Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf bundle install using mvn, forcing --update-snapshots option

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.