Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO)" <bo...@lexisnexis.com> on 2005/11/15 17:44:33 UTC

status of XSLT 2.0 support?

I'm writing this from the XML 2005 conference in Atlanta, and I was just
discussing the progress of XSLT 2.0 implementation with Wendell Piez. Can
anyone tell me about where Xalan Java XSLT 2.0 support stands right now? Any
ideas for particular subsets of support in any particular quarter of the
year?

thanks,

Bob DuCharme

Re: status of XSLT 2.0 support?

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Bob.

"DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO)" <bo...@lexisnexis.com> wrote on
2005-11-15 11:44:33 AM:
> I'm writing this from the XML 2005 conference in Atlanta, and I was
> just discussing the progress of XSLT 2.0 implementation with Wendell
> Piez. Can anyone tell me about where Xalan Java XSLT 2.0 support
> stands right now? Any ideas for particular subsets of support in any
> particular quarter of the year?

     I don't think anybody responded to you on the mailing list.  Some
prototype work for XSLT 2.0 support in the Xalan-J Interpretive processor
went on in 2003, but then trailed off.  That prototype work is still
available on the xslt20 branch
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/java/branches/xslt20/>, but since
then nobdy has stepped forward to carry on that initial prototyping and
the Xalan PMC hasn't put in place any plans for XSLT 2.0 support.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com