Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Alessandro Molina <al...@ursacomputing.com> on 2021/07/08 10:17:10 UTC

5.0.0 Release and Release Manager

As mentioned in the biweekly sync call, we are approaching the wished date
for the 5.0.0 release, which should happen at the end of next week, or
worst case the week after.

Apart from my usual recommendation to take a look at the TODO Backlog at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+5.0.0+Release and
defer to 6.0.0 any ticket you don't think you will be able to tackle in the
next week or two, I think that we also need to start raising the topic of
who is willing to be the release manager for this round.

At the biweekly call Jorge already mentioned that he might not be able to
take care of this release like he did for 4.0.1, so if anyone one else is
willing to take over the process I think it would be great to start
assessing who might be able to do so.

Thanks!
Alessandro

Re: 5.0.0 Release and Release Manager

Posted by Ian Cook <ia...@ursacomputing.com>.
We should post the 5.0.0 release blog post soon. If anyone would like
to review the content or make changes or additions, please do so as
soon as possible:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-site/pull/127

Thanks,
Ian