Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Candide Kemmler <ca...@urbanium.tv> on 2001/11/30 10:02:14 UTC

sender's 100 chars limit

Hi,

I'm using a mysql repository for the email messages. Sometimes I have to
remove messages whose sender field uses more than 100 characters as this
totally prevents James from running...

Is there a workaround. I think even if there is one, this should be
corrected in future releases.

Candide

Re: sender's 100 chars limit

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
You can make that SQL field in your database longer if you are experiencing
that problem, although I'm not sure why you're experiencing a problem with
100 characters are the SQL in sqlResources.xml sets it to varchar(200).  Is
maybe mysql or Java storing the addresses as double byte characters?  I've
never noticed a problem with sender length limits.

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: sender's 100 chars limit

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Candide Kemmler wrote:
> I'm using a mysql repository for the email messages. Sometimes I have to
> remove messages whose sender field uses more than 100 characters as this
> totally prevents James from running...

You can make the field length longer:
CREATE TABLE `Message` (
  `message_name` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  `repository_name` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  `message_state` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `error_message` varchar(200) default NULL,
  `sender` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `recipients` text NOT NULL,

I defined the sender's length to be 255; if you need more, you can
use "text".

Oki