Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Vijay Aalati <vi...@altair.com> on 2007/02/13 20:13:25 UTC

Communicating between 2 portlets on a page

Hi,

I am new to portals and would like to know if there is a way that we can
communicate between 2 different Portlets on the same page. What I mean
to ask is, if I have 2 different portlets on a page and I do some action
in one portlet then I want to communicate it to the second portlet on
the page and display some information on it based on the action in the
first portlet.

Thanks much,

Vijay Aalati
Software Engineer

Altair Engineering, Inc.

1820 E. Big Beaver Rd.,

Troy, MI, USA - 48083

E-Mail: vijaya@altair.com <ma...@altair.com>
Phone: 248.614.2400 Ext: 348
Fax:     248.614.2411

Error generating portlet: error building POM

Posted by evi <ev...@evi.pri.ee>.
Today, while generating a simple portlet archetype, I got fatal error (on
below). This task worked earlier without any problems, what might be wrong?

"...
C:\JetspeedTraining\workspace\jetexpress\applications>mvn archetype:create
-Darc
hetypeGroupId=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2
-DarchetypeArtifactId=application-ar
chetype -DarchetypeVersion=2.1-dev -DgroupId=org.apache.portals.tutorials
-Darti
factId=express-demo -Dversion=1.0
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: unknown

Reason: Could not find the model file
'C:\JetspeedTraining\workspace\jetexpress\
applications\express-demo\pom.xml'...."

Evi

Re: Communicating between 2 portlets on a page

Posted by Enrique Perez <pe...@dit.upm.es>.
Hi,

Yes, it's possible between portlets that are in the same "portlet
application" (thanks to 'Attributes' from 'PortletSession' object):

    * one portlet publish the object you want using:

        /request.getPortletSession().setAttribute(String att_name,
        Object att_value, *PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE*);
        /

    * any other portlet in the application can retrieve that object using:

        /Object o = (Object)
        request.getPortletSession().getAttribute(String att_name,*
        PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE*);
        /

Hope that helps.
Regards.

Posted by Vijay Aalati <vi...@altair.com>.
Elif,
Thanks for the link! Yes, I have gone through it. I was also looking at
something called PortletMessaging class. I have not yet gone through it
though.

Thanks,
Vijay

I've done that before extending the example there. It might help...

Elif

On 2/13/07, Vijay Aalati <vi...@altair.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to portals and would like to know if there is a way that we
can
> communicate between 2 different Portlets on the same page. What I mean
> to ask is, if I have 2 different portlets on a page and I do some
action
> in one portlet then I want to communicate it to the second portlet on
> the page and display some information on it based on the action in the
> first portlet.
>

> Thanks much,
>
> Vijay Aalati
> Software Engineer
>
> Altair Engineering, Inc.
>
> 1820 E. Big Beaver Rd.,
>
> Troy, MI, USA - 48083
>
> E-Mail: vijaya@altair.com <ma...@altair.com>
> Phone: 248.614.2400 Ext: 348
> Fax:     248.614.2411

Re: jetspeed 1 trunk build

Posted by b....@valbosoft.com.
Hi,

another thing I stumbled into: when I compile the tests for JVM 1.5 it
fails because at some points the variables are called "enum", which is not
allowed anymore for 1.5..

Regards,

Bo van Weert
tel. 902 014 180
(00 34) 96 393 19 77
fax. 96 360 69 13
http://www.valbosoft.com
soporte técnico: soporte@valbosoft.com

David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
14/02/2007 18:08
Por favor, responda a
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>

Para
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>
cc

Asunto
Re: jetspeed 1 trunk build

Try again, I uploaded the spring-1.1.5 jar...

On Feb 14, 2007, at 1:30 AM, b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm building jetspeed 1 trunk, but when I execute maven war it
> seems to
> have a problem downloading spring-1.1.5
>
> I've tried to extend maven.repo.remote in the project.properties file:
> maven.repo.remote =
> http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven/,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/,
> http://dist.codehaus.org/, http://cvs.apache.org/repository,
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven
>
> but maven doesn't seem to use it:
>
> Intentando descargar spring-1.1.5.jar.
> Error retrieving artifact from [
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/springframework/ja
> rs/spring-1.1.5.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading;
> status cod
> e was: 301
> Error retrieving artifact from [
> http://cvs.apache.org/repository/springframewor
> k/jars/spring-1.1.5.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error
> downloading;
> status
>  code was: 302
> íATENCION!: íImposible descargar spring-1.1.5.jar!
>
> Any suggestions on how I can make maven look at the right place?

Re: jetspeed 1 trunk build

Posted by b....@valbosoft.com.
Ok, I actually downloaded it manually because I saw that it wasn't
present; I guess it now would have worked!
As a note: the "maven war" command fails on windows platforms if the
filename starts with "Documents and settings\...", I think because of the
space... When I move it all to a directory without spaces it works fine.

Re: jetspeed 1 trunk build

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Try again, I uploaded the spring-1.1.5 jar...

On Feb 14, 2007, at 1:30 AM, b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm building jetspeed 1 trunk, but when I execute maven war it
> seems to
> have a problem downloading spring-1.1.5
>
> I've tried to extend maven.repo.remote in the project.properties file:
> maven.repo.remote =
> http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven/,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/,
> http://dist.codehaus.org/, http://cvs.apache.org/repository,
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven
>
> but maven doesn't seem to use it:
>
> Intentando descargar spring-1.1.5.jar.
> Error retrieving artifact from [
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/springframework/ja
> rs/spring-1.1.5.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading;
> status cod
> e was: 301
> Error retrieving artifact from [
> http://cvs.apache.org/repository/springframewor
> k/jars/spring-1.1.5.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error
> downloading;
> status
>  code was: 302
> íATENCION!: íImposible descargar spring-1.1.5.jar!
>
> Any suggestions on how I can make maven look at the right place?

jetspeed 1 trunk build

Posted by b....@valbosoft.com.

Posted by Elif Guner <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijay,