Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/04 12:00:05 UTC

Add permission for creating temporary files to the anonymous user

Hi Reto, all

WDYT about adding the permission to the anonymous user to create
temporary files. This would solve STANBOL-865 [1] and resolve the
security related issue the TikaEngine is encounting from time to time
(e.g. in the Jenkins build #1200).

best
Rupert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-865

Re: Add permission for creating temporary files to the anonymous user

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Gabriel

Doing the access of the temporary files as privileged would solve the
problem. If its in an external module then the invocation of the module's
method would have to be done in such a section.

I think the idea behind adding this as a default permission is to spare the
developer from having to write too many privileged sections.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Gabriel Vince <ga...@apogado.com>.
Hello Reto,

--
Gabriel Vince
Senior Consultant

Re: Add permission for creating temporary files to the anonymous user

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.
Hi rupert,

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reto,