Posted to websh-dev@tcl.apache.org by Jason Brazile <ja...@netcetera.ch> on 2002/07/30 09:55:27 UTC

low priority question

Hi guys,

Sorry I waited until you are rushing toward a release, but this question
just occurred to me.

We have often mentioned that websh is TEA compliant. But I am not
sure I have ever seen a websh package e.g.

	#!/usr/local/bin/tclsh
	package require websh

If the build stuff is already taken care of, perhaps all we need is
a pkgIndex.tcl?

Is such a thing being built for this release? If not, I'd like to
request it for the next release...

Jason

Re: low priority question

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
I added a Tcl_PkgProvide call to Websh_Init, so we provide a proper
package:

  > ./websh3.50
  % package names
  websh Tcl
  % package provide websh
  3.5.0
  %

and (respectively)

  > tclsh
  % package names
  Tcl
  % load libwebsh3.50.so
  % package names
  websh Tcl
  %

-> We do fulfill the proper requirements for the packaging mechanism.
(mod_websh also prvides the proper package in every interpreter except
for the main interpreter, which is no websh interpreter anyway)

The pkgIndex.tcl is usually created on installation. I do not know
whether we need to provide anything here: I suggest we rest the case.

Re: low priority question

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Jason Brazile <ja...@netcetera.ch> writes:

> Is such a thing being built for this release? If not, I'd like to
> request it for the next release...

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Actually, some of the C code packages
look like they might be broken up.  I don't know how possible that is
- how interdependant they are - but I would be in favor of this.  This
would also serve my long-term goal of a code 'meld' between the
different projects.

But... we'll save it for another release, I think.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/