Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Philippe Tjon-A-Hen <pn...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/12 11:32:45 UTC

mvn site:site fails

I have the following pom.xml

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>nl.tjonahen</groupId>
  <artifactId>reportbug</artifactId>
  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>Mix &amp; Match</name>
  <description>Mix &amp; Match project try generating a site for this
one</description>
</project>

Wich builds perfectly. However if I try to run a mvn site:site it fails
with a
"entity reference names can not start with character ' ' (position:
START_DOCUMENT seen ...<project name="Mix & ... @21:22)"

Does any one know how to fix this?. (besides removing the &amp; from the
pom file)

Philippe

Re: mvn site:site fails

Posted by Philippe Tjon-A-Hen <pn...@gmail.com>.
I understand that a non encoded & in the name would make mij build go
foobar, but the & is encoded in my pom ( using the & amp ; notation) (Some
how it is also replace during our mail conversation).
The issue that I have is: my build works perfectly, but my site generation
fails. Somehow or somewhere during report phase the xml & encoding is lost.

Philippe

RE: mvn site:site fails

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
as Russ pointed out the &amp; in the non-encoded name is making your project go fubar

Re: mvn site:site fails

Posted by Philippe Tjon-A-Hen <pn...@gmail.com>.

Re: mvn site:site fails

Posted by Russell Gold <ru...@oracle.com>.