Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/03 15:12:31 UTC

Re: UploadProgressBar does not work in Safari browser?

Sorry for bringing up and old thread but I got the exact same problem. Anyone
got this working on safari, chrome and opera?
I know that the UploadProgressBar uses it's own ajax request. Is it
something in the source code?

IE6 PC - Works
IE7 PC - Works
Firefox ( 3.5 ) PC - Works
Google Crome ( 2.0.172.33  PC- Not working. Progressbar not updated
Opera (9.64 ) PC - Browser hangs

Firefox MAC - Works
Safari (3.2.1) Mac - Not working. Progressbar not updated

HTML in UploadProgressBar should be changed. The last div should have
display: none; clear: left; otherwise it is not correctly displayed on all
browsers.

For now I have extended the UploadProgressBar and changed the html.

Re: UploadProgressBar does not work in Safari browser?

Posted by Wayne Pope <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Does anyone know if any patches were submitted for this or does anyone
know of some code that can work?

We're finding more and more of our users are Chrome and Safari and its
becoming a pain. I have tried looking at this but my javascript
knowledge is beginner at best.

thanks for any help or pointers
Wayne

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, a obvious bug in the code. We need to call createTransport( url ) again
in the setTimeout method.

Still, there is the chrome and safari bug.

Re: UploadProgressBar does not work in Safari browser?

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.
I don't get it.. I have made a call to the javascript function here from
progressbar but the UploadWebRequest always returns |0|0|0|0 for
Opera, chrome . This simple javascript should be sufficient. In safari the
updateProgressBar() is not called at all.

var request = null;

function createTransport( url  ){

	try {
	  request = new XMLHttpRequest();
	} catch (trymicrosoft) {
	  try {
	    request = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
	  } catch (othermicrosoft) {
	    try {
	      request = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
	    } catch (failed) {
	      request = null;
	    }
	  }
	}

		request.open("GET", url+'?anticache='+Math.random(), true);
		request.onreadystatechange = updateProgressBar;
		request.send( null );
}

function updateProgressBar(){
	if( request != null ){
	  if( request.readyState == 4 ){
		if( request.status == 200 ){

			var update = request.responseText.split('|');

             var completed_upload_size = update[2];
             var total_upload_size = update[3];
             var progressPercent = update[1];
             var transferRate = update[4];
             var timeRemaining = update[5];

             alert( completed_upload_size + ":" + total_upload_size + ":" +
progressPercent + ":" + transferRate + ":" + timeRemaining );

             window.setTimeout( updateProgressBar(), 1000);
		}
	  }
	}
}

Re: UploadProgressBar does not work in Safari browser?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
patches are welcome

-igor