Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by slimflem <sl...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 23:12:34 UTC

Hanging Creating Consumer with Listener, C#

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post.  I am using AMQ with Queues.  Here is a behavior I am
noticing.  When a Queue has 1000's of messages which have not yet been
processed, I have issues creating a consumer on the queue.  The line that
hangs is:

_consumer = session.CreateConsumer(destination);

My setup is:

java client running on Gentoo watching a queue which has messages being sent
to it by a c# client.
c# client running on Windows 2003 server processing messages sent by the
Java client to a responses queue.

I have noticed that when the java client is already running and I try to
start my C# client with a consumer against the same Queue which the Java
client sends messages to, both the Java and C# client will hang.  If I start
the C# client first which creates a Listener for its consumer then start the
Java client, I have no problems.

The AMQ server version I am running is 4.0.1 with persistence enabled using
postgres.  I have tried upgrading to 4.1, but my existing clients had
connection issues and I don't have the time right now to upgrade my clients.

Are there any known things to do for the above type of situation?  I am
using the C# and Java libraries provided on the AMQ site.

Thanks for any help,
Jesse