Posted to user@any23.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 16:38:53 UTC

Call for Vocabularies

Hi,

We currently have a number of vocabularies which are used by the
various extractors. I am however working on the construction of legal
ontologies such as [0] (my specific interests are within the fields of
design, engineering and construction legislation) and therefore will
be adding various vocabularies over the next while for my project.

I recently opened a ticket [0] (which I've yet to finish) which
proposed the addition of the DOAP vocabulary to the Any23 vocab
package however I wonder if now is a good time to gather ideas
relating to any other additional vocabularies which users would like
integrated into Any23 for extraction of structured data?

So far we support the following vocab's

CSV 	- This vocabulary models the structure of a CSV file according
the RFC 4180.
DCTERMS - The DCTERMS vocabulary.
DOAC - The Description Of A Career vocabulary.
Excel - The MS Excel extractor vocabulary.
FOAF - The Fried Of A Friend vocabulary.
GEO - The GEO Names vocabulary.
HLISTING - Class modeling the hListing vocabulary.
HRECIPE 	-Vocabulary to map the hRecipe microformat.
ICAL - Vocabulary definitions from ical.rdf
OGP -The Open Graph Protocol vocabulary.
RDFSchemaUtils -This class provides a set of methods for generating RDF Schema.
REVIEW - Vocabulary definitions from vocabularies/review.rdf
SCHEMAORG -Vocabulary definition for schema.org.
SINDICE -This class models an internal Sindice Vocabulary to describe
resource domains and Microformat nesting relationships.
VCARD -Vocabulary definitions from vcard.owl
Vocabulary -Base class for the definition of a vocabulary.
WO 	- This class models the BBC Wildlife Ontology.
XFN 	- Vocabulary class for XFN, as per Expressing XFN in RDF.
XHTML - The XHTML vocabulary.

with the following proposed

DOAP - an XML/RDF vocabulary to describe software projects, and in
particular open source projects.

Would be great to hear any suggestions

Best
Lewis

[0] https://github.com/RinkeHoekstra/lkif-core

--
Lewis

Re: Call for Vocabularies

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
No this is excellent as well.

Thank you Stéphane

I opened an issue to track these

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANY23-127

Thanks

Lewis

--
Lewis

Re: Call for Vocabularies

Posted by Stéphane Corlosquet <sc...@gmail.com>.
Would this be useful too?

Re: Call for Vocabularies

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Nice one Szymon thanks for the resources. I'll check them out just now.

Lewis

--
Lewis

Re: Call for Vocabularies

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Szymon,

<da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://prefix.cc/popular

Thanks for passing on this resource, it absolutely rocks. It would be
real nice to have an RSS feed widget on the Any23 site displaying
newly added vocabularies.

Does anyone know if something like this is possible with the current
site skin/configuration?

I suppose this is a case of starting at the beginning (of these
vocabularies) and writing the Java classes incrementally, making Any23
a more complete and functionally rich library in the process.

For each new vocabulary I use I will open a ticket accordingly.
Lewis

Re: Call for Vocabularies

Posted by Szymon Danielczyk <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi