Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joel Nylund <jn...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/22 22:21:39 UTC

suggestions for DIH batchSize

Hi,

it looks like from looking at the code the default is 500, is the
recommended setting for this?

Has anyone notice any significant performance/memory tradeoffs by
making this much bigger?

thanks
Joel

Re: suggestions for DIH batchSize

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
If you want to retrieve a huge volume of rows you will end up with an
OutOfMemoryException due to the jdbc driver. Setting batchSize to -1 in your
data-config.xml (that internally will set it to Integer.MIN_VALUE) will make
the query to be executed in streaming, avoiding the memory exception.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
A bigger batchSize results in increased memory usage.  I guess
performance should be slightly better with bigger values but not
verified.

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com