Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hanen Ben Rhouma <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/23 12:06:23 UTC

How to load a tree dynamically?

Morning,

Is it possible to load a tree dynamically with a jsp in an MVC architecture
(using struts 1.3). Dynamically means I got a perforce depot which I need to
retrieve its children as nodes but progressively (on clicking on any parent
directory it will display its children).

Till now, I've just found the tree taglib which can make use of a tree
object passed into session, but even with such solution I'm obliged to load
the whole tree at once which makes a lot of times and doesn't take into
consideration the changes happening through that time.

Could someone suggest me another way to implement such structure?

Thanks in advance,
Hanen

RE: How to load a tree dynamically?

Posted by "Slonim, Greg (USAEO)" <Gr...@usdoj.gov>.
Look into "widget" frameworks for client side such as Dojo, DWR, etc.

We use Dojo and particularly happy with it.
http://dojocampus.org/explorer/#Dijit_Tree

Greg

> Is it possible to load a tree dynamically with a jsp in an MVC
architecture
> (using struts 1.3). Dynamically means I got a perforce depot which I
need to
> retrieve its children as nodes but progressively (on clicking on any
parent
> directory it will display its children).
>
> Till now, I've just found the tree taglib which can make use of a tree
> object passed into session, but even with such solution I'm obliged to
load
> the whole tree at once which makes a lot of times and doesn't take
into

What you're looking for is 'client side', meaning javascript/AJAX.

Posted by Tommy Pham <to...@yahoo.com>.