Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2013/06/28 17:29:23 UTC

spam logs being filled up with repeating error

Hi guys

I've been asked to look at a dodgy server for a friend and its got some
"issues". It really needs decommissioning but until I can get another
server running in a more sane environment we have to live with it.

It runs Plesk on Centos 5 and its getting filled up with the following
stuff:

Jun 27 07:15:59 jackbarberlimited spamd[12950]: recv() on closed socket
GEN7 at /usr/lib64/perl5/5
.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/IO/Socket.pm line 236, <GEN126> line 769.
Jun 27 07:15:59 jackbarberlimited spamd[8736]: recv() on closed socket
GEN7 at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.
8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/IO/Socket.pm line 236, <GEN131> line 87.

We're talking 300GB log files after 24 hours and its making the server
monitoring go wild.

Has anyone see similar or have any idea what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks

Tom

Re: spam logs being filled up with repeating error

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Tom Barber skrev den 2013-06-28 17:29:

> Has anyone see similar or have any idea what I can do to resolve it?

dont know if my guess is correct, but is spamd perl thread safe ?

is it possible to test perl with threads disabled on your host ?

if that solves it, make a bug report for this