Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Gordon Cooke <co...@btinternet.com> on 2008/02/28 15:01:13 UTC

Borders disappearing in AWT Renderer

When using the AWT renderer of FOP 0.94 I find that at the default zoom level
the horizontal lines at the top and bottom of some borders are not visible.  If
I zoom in then the borders appear correctly.  They also appear correctly when
printing (or saving as PDF).

Adding the following line to getPageImage in Java2DRenderer resolves the problem:

graphics.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_STROKE_CONTROL,
RenderingHints.VALUE_STROKE_PURE);

Is this a known issue?

Re: Borders disappearing in AWT Renderer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
It is indeed an improvement although in examples/fo/tables/borders.fo
some borders still disappear at various zoom levels. But at least fewer
lines disappear now.

Thanks, Gordon!

On 28.02.2008 15:01:13 Gordon Cooke wrote:
> When using the AWT renderer of FOP 0.94 I find that at the default zoom level
> the horizontal lines at the top and bottom of some borders are not visible.  If
> I zoom in then the borders appear correctly.  They also appear correctly when
> printing (or saving as PDF).
>
> Adding the following line to getPageImage in Java2DRenderer resolves the problem:
>
> graphics.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_STROKE_CONTROL,
> RenderingHints.VALUE_STROKE_PURE);
>
> Is this a known issue?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Borders disappearing in AWT Renderer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Known issue but nobody had the answer until today. Thanks a lot for the
suggestion! I'll look into it.

On 28.02.2008 15:01:13 Gordon Cooke wrote:
> When using the AWT renderer of FOP 0.94 I find that at the default zoom level
> the horizontal lines at the top and bottom of some borders are not visible.  If
> I zoom in then the borders appear correctly.  They also appear correctly when
> printing (or saving as PDF).
>
> Adding the following line to getPageImage in Java2DRenderer resolves the problem:
>
> graphics.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_STROKE_CONTROL,
> RenderingHints.VALUE_STROKE_PURE);
>
> Is this a known issue?

Jeremias Maerki