Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Vladislav Shchogolev <vs...@columbia.edu> on 2002/01/25 17:59:46 UTC

PerlAddVar alternative in v1.21

Hello,

I'm using mod_perl 1.21 on a host where i don't have the option of upgrading
mod_perl. Is there an alternative way to use PerlSetVar to simulate the
effect of PerlAddVar. I want to create a variable, namely "MasonCompRoot",
that has two entries in it.

Thanks,
Vlad

Re: PerlAddVar alternative in v1.21

Posted by Dave Rolsky <au...@urth.org>.
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I think I just read in the eagle book the other day that suggested something like
>
> PerlSetVar MasonCompRoot "foo:bar"
>
> my @roots = split ":", $r->dir_config('MasonCompRoot');
>
> or whatever...

Except that the code that read the dir_config is part of the Mason core.
Of course, changing it is entirely possible but it doesn't fix the problem
that Mason, by default, has certain features which are not available on
older mod_perl versions.  But we can live with that.

-dave

/*==================
www.urth.org
we await the New Sun
==================*/

Re: PerlAddVar alternative in v1.21

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
Vladislav Shchogolev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using mod_perl 1.21 on a host where i don't have the option of upgrading
> mod_perl. Is there an alternative way to use PerlSetVar to simulate the
> effect of PerlAddVar. I want to create a variable, namely "MasonCompRoot",
> that has two entries in it.

I think I just read in the eagle book the other day that suggested something like

PerlSetVar MasonCompRoot "foo:bar"

my @roots = split ":", $r->dir_config('MasonCompRoot');

or whatever...

HTH