Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Richard Offer <ri...@whitequeen.com> on 2010/09/03 21:19:07 UTC

Re: c-user Digest 3 Sep 2010 16:55:33 -0000 Issue 1166

> Nandika Jayawardana wrote :

> In order to process the request using axis engine within the container, you
> need to look at the following aspects.
>
> [1] You need to have an initialized axis2 environment ( which encapsulates
> logging, memory allocation ect. )
> [2] An initialized configuration context which will contain the axis2
> configurations which will be used when processing the request.
> [3] Input stream and output stream which will be used by axis2/c in reading
> the request and sending back the response.
>
> If you look the axis2 module, you will find that all these setting are
> handled.  Another requirement is to extract some of the request specific
> information and pass them axis2. Have a look into the
> axis2_apache2_worker_process_request function to see how most of these thing
> are handled.
>
> axis2_build_conf_ctx method is used to initialize axis2 configurations.
> and http transport utils methods contain most of the http
> specific processing methods.
>
> Regards
> Nandika

Thanks Nandika.

How robust is the CGI handler ? Does that make for a simpler place to start
and build up from there rather than trying to cut down the apache process
handlers ?

I'm trying to build a prototype to validate that Axis is a better
alternative than gSOAP (it can hardly be worse ­ but I do need to do my due
diligence). I expect to have to go back and redo the interface handlers
afterwards to get the performance I'll need at which point I'll have the
time to do it right.

Richard.

Re: c-user Digest 3 Sep 2010 16:55:33 -0000 Issue 1166

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
Axis2c CGI handler could be a good starting point for understanding the
approach. However,axis2c CGI module is not a widely used and
needs improvement.

Regards
Nandika

--