Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rick Gruber-Riemer <ri...@vanosten.net> on 2008/09/16 21:03:12 UTC

T5: Using Maven and recent version of Eclipse?

Hi

I am soon going crazy about my environment setup. So I would like to know
whether anyone is successfully using one of the version below (eventually
not all of them)
# Eclipse 3.4
# WTP 3.0
# m2eclipse 0.0.12

Or should I just stick to the setup in
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tutorial1/env.html as a save bet,
because the most recent version probably just do not work?

Re: T5: Using Maven and recent version of Eclipse?

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
A few of us here are using Eclipse Ganymede (the largest, J2ee version).  It
has the bells and whistles of WTP, and takes some of the pain out of getting
compatible plugins.
You can add the m2Eclipse plugin in the standard eclipse way, from this
update site:
http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/update/
I'm on 0.0.12.xxxx, and I haven't needed to update since I installed it
months ago.

The wiki is still a great place to look on configuration, even though some
of it is out-dated.

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yeah... this is off-topic, but don't use the m2ecipse 0.0.x builds.
The latest is 0.9.6 and it's released from a new update site.

I believe it's http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update/ for the new
plugin update site.  It is a much, much improved environment for
working with maven and eclipse than the old m2e plugin.

The main page for the plugin is http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/ and it
has more details.

cheers,
Christian