Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2021/11/02 09:28:42 UTC

Re: [camel-kafka-connector] Are there obsolete doc files?

Hi David,

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 4:02 PM David Jencks <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TL/DR
> Can I assume that only projects currently under connectors should have pages in the website? (These are the pages indexed in reference/index.html and the nav)

I do think so, perhaps Andrea T. can chime in here to help. I think it
would be a worthwhile effort to get those pages generated from the
JSON metadata, and thank you for taking this on.

[snip]

> I’m wondering if the processes that copy the adoc files under docs and the json files into the catalog should have a cleanup step to remove no-longer-current files. As noted above, I haven’t found how this copying is done.  If my experiment succeeds, the adoc files won’t exist any more, being generated by Antora from the json files under connectors, so only the catalog would potentially need this cleaning step.

Yeah, one of things we're not doing that well is cleaning up some of
the old stuff, but the catalog JSON files should be the most relevant
and up to date, so that would scratch that problem...

zoran
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: [camel-kafka-connector] Are there obsolete doc files?

Posted by Andrea <an...@tarocch.it>.

On Sun, Nov 7, 2021, at 14:53, David Jencks wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Thanks for fixing this!
>
> > On Nov 7, 2021, at 1:29 AM, Andrea <an...@tarocch.it> wrote:
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > sorry for the late response, we catch up in the chat and would like to summarize the status of the effort here as well:
> > - there was problems in cleaning up documentation of some removed modules I am working on it.
> > - I discovered a little problem in naming some file that I am addressing.
> >
> > As per generating the connector documentation in Antora I think it is a welcome change! I think would be useful to have the possibility to also run that generation local to the sub project thought, would that be possible?
> >

> Do you mean you’d like to have a quick local Antora build of just the camel-kafka-connector part of the site?  I expect to have a separate email about that general issue soon.

Just the camel-kafka-connector part, more specifically the generated part so that code and documentation sits next each other (like it is today).

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Posted by Andrea <an...@tarocch.it>.
Hi David,