Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/03/04 01:44:24 UTC

Re: Release cadence

Based on last couple of release cycles, we will continue with 2 months release cycles.We will do first RC build by end of first week of second month.
We will plan on releasing next release by end of April 2017.We will have RC build on ~April 6th.  -Arvind
Arvind Surve | Spark Technology Center  | http://www.spark.tc/

From:  Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>
To:    dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:  01/05/2017 02:14 PM

+1 for trying out a 1 month release cycle.

However, I highly agree with Matthias that there is a lot of overhead with
releases, so it would be good if we can work to streamline/automate the
process as much as possible. Also, it would be good to distribute the
tasks
around as much as possible. This can result in cross-training and help
avoid overburdening the same contributors each month.

If the overhead slows us down too much, then we can go to a slower release
cycle.

Deron

<mb...@googlemail.com>

--