Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by ssheth <ss...@ais.ucla.edu> on 2010/07/10 00:37:12 UTC

Ant task for uninstalling osgi-bundles

The ant task which comes with ServiceMix 4.2 can be used for stopping and
starting jbi bundles. I am not able to figure out whether I can use them to
uninstall osgi bundles. I tried using maven artifact Id as component name
while trying to uninstall/start/stop a bundle but with little success.  I
see 'Component deos not exists" error even after  I entered correct
artifiact Id

Is there a maven plugin to uninstall components on remote hosts?

Re: Ant task for uninstalling osgi-bundles

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

My comment inline
On 2010-7-10, at 上午8:29, ssheth wrote:

> Another thing I want to mention is that I have deployed cxf-osgi
> bundle.
> When I run nmr:list
> I don't see any endpoints registered when I use jaxws:endpoint
That's because cxf-osgi bundle use http-osgi transport, not use nmr
transport, so it's not a nmr endpoint at all, so nmr:list you won't
see it.

> I can undeploy other bundles who are using cxf-bc using
> shutdown-service-assembly. When I use cxf-bc I see endpoints in my
> nmr:list.
>
> Any clues how do I unsintall cxf-osgi example using ant task
You can't install/uninstall normal bundles with ant  task, you can do
it from smx console using osgi:install/uninstall/start/stop.

Ant task only works for JBI artifacts.

Freeman

Freeman Fang

------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: Ant task for uninstalling osgi-bundles

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 2010-7-14, at 上午1:46, ssheth wrote:

> When I connect to remote server using ssh client. I was not able to
> run the
> osgi:install command
> When I tried
> remoteSmixId@root>osgi:install -s
> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.examples/http-osgi
> I saw java.lang.RuntimeException: URL
> [mvn:org.apache.servicemix.examples/http-osgi] could not be resolved.
>
> Which maven repository this command looks into inorder to install this
> component?
Hi,

maven repo that will check already specified in the $SMX4_HOME/etc/
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg on remote server.

> Do I need to have  maven installed on remote server in order for
> install to
> work?
You needn't install maven on remote server, but your remote server
should be able to access the maven repo you specified in $SMX4_HOME/
etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg on remote server, and you need ensure
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.examples/http-osgi already in those
specified maven repos .

Freeman

Freeman Fang

------------------------

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 2010-7-13, at 上午1:42, ssheth wrote:

>>> Freeman wrote:
>>> That's because cxf-osgi bundle use http-osgi transport, not use nmr
>>> transport, so it's not a nmr endpoint at all, so nmr:list you won't
>>> see it.
>>> You can't install/uninstall normal bundles with ant  task, you can
>>> do
>>> it from smx console using osgi:install/uninstall/start/stop.
>>> Ant task only works for JBI artifacts.
>
> Is there any other way of uninstalling cxf-osgi bundle apart from
> using
> karaf shell or web console on a remote server.
>
> How do I use osgi:install to install on a remote server?

Yoy can use ssh client to connect a remote server and use osgi:install
on it.
Get more details from [1]
[1]http://karaf.apache.org/42-remote-console.html
Freeman