Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Garner Shawn <sh...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/26 03:32:05 UTC

[help] blank index.jsp on Tomcat 5.5.9

I have an index.jsp that redirects to a jsf page.

code:

<%response.sendRedirect("welcome.jsf");%>

I tested it and it works fine on my development computer with JBoss/Tomcat 5.5
I then uploaded it to my web server and now I get a blank page instead
of the redirect.
However I know the webapp was deployed because if I type in
/welcome.jsf the page comes up.

I checked the logs. No errors that I could find.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Shawn

Re: [help] blank index.jsp on Tomcat 5.5.9

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 5/25/06, Garner Shawn <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an index.jsp that redirects to a jsf page.

> <%response.sendRedirect("welcome.jsf");%>

> However I know the webapp was deployed because if I type in
> /welcome.jsf the page comes up.

Not sure why you'd redirect to that instead of just forwarding, but
have you tried  `response.sendRedirect("/welcome.jsf");` ?

For that matter, why not just add 'welcome.jsf' to your welcome
file list? :-)  Anyway --

Is it the first line in your page? No white space being sent first?