Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Jon Bionda <jb...@csdcsystems.com> on 2012/08/27 17:38:28 UTC

"Starting up Tomahawk on the RI-JSF-Implementation." issued when not on RI

myfaces-core-2.1.8 source
    org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger.logWebContextParams()

Not a big deal but it caused me a few hours of scratching my head so thought I would subscribe and post this.

I am getting the "Starting up Tomahawk on the RI-JSF-Implementation." message on startup with JBoss 7.1.1 when using the org.jboss.jbossfaces.WAR_BUNDLES_JSF_IMPL context parm to stop it from loading the JSF RI.  I see lots of myfaces initialization msgs in the log so I was pretty sure(hopeful) the message was wrong so I downloaded and looked at the code and think I see a reverse logic error in the source file identified at the top of this email.

Here's the code and I think the wrong message is being issued for when it checks for availability of both the RI and myfaces classes.

        if (myfacesConfig.isTomahawkAvailable())
        {
            if(myfacesConfig.isMyfacesImplAvailable())
            {
                if(log.isLoggable(Level.INFO))
                {
                    log.info("Starting up Tomahawk on the RI-JSF-Implementation.");   <--msg should be MyFaces
                }
            }

            if(myfacesConfig.isRiImplAvailable())
            {
                if(log.isLoggable(Level.INFO))
                {
                    log.info("Starting up Tomahawk on the MyFaces-JSF-Implementation");  <-- msg should be RI
                }
            }
        }

Re: "Starting up Tomahawk on the RI-JSF-Implementation." issued when not on RI

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi