Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Chris R <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 02:05:29 UTC

Squirrel JDBC Connection Issue

Hi

I'm new to drill and am having difficulty establishing a jdbc connection
from squirrel. I see this issue has been raised previously but i haven't
been able to resolve the connection issue I am having. Any pointers would
be greatly appreciated.

I'm interested in the ability of Drill to access text sources without the
etl overhead and am using the local file system only (no hadoop or mapr
sandbox).

running Drill 0.8.0 using drill-jdbc-all-0.8.0.jar on Xubuntu 14.04
 filesystem is ext4 with Squirrel 3.6 and Java 1.7.

Driver URL is: jdbc:drill:zk=localhost:2181

Alias URL is: jdbc:drill:zk=localhost:2181/drill/drillbits1

/* error message */
Unexpected Error occurred attempting to open an SQL connection.

/*stack trace*/
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.awaitConnection(OpenConnectionCommand.java:132)
at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$100(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45)
at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$2.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:115)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

kind regards
Chris

--
Chris Robertson
e : chr1s.r0b3rts0n@gmail.com

Re: Squirrel JDBC Connection Issue

Posted by Chris R <ch...@gmail.com>.
My bad. Thanks and thank you for the link.

Kind regards

Re: Squirrel JDBC Connection Issue

Posted by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com>.
See Jacques' earlier post about JDBC and Drill running in embedded mode.

http://search-hadoop.com/m/fEbu4Dqor/JDBC&subj=Re+Using+Drill+with+JDBC+hangs

—Andries