Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jochen Rieß <jo...@uni-dortmund.de> on 2007/08/17 09:25:47 UTC

Reference to external schema in wsdl broken

Hello everybody.

I'm facing a little problem with the codegen tool in Axis2 1.3
My wsdl file imports a schema, code snippet follows:

        <xsd:schema
            xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
            targetNamespace="http://gueter.evision.de/GueterGUI/">
            <xsd:include
                schemaLocation="datatypes.xsd">
            </xsd:include>
          [......]

Using the codegen tool provides me with a modified wsdl which looks like..

    <xsd:schema
            targetNamespace="http://gueter.evision.de/GueterGUI/"
            xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
            <xsd:include schemaLocation="xsd0.xsd">
            </xsd:include>
          [......]

The schema has been properly copied into xsd0.xsd. Everything right
until I deploy the service..
When getting the wsdl from the running axis2 instance it looks like:

    <xsd:schema
            attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
            elementFormDefault="unqualified"
            targetNamespace="http://gueter.evision.de/GueterGUI/">

            <xsd:include schemaLocation="GueterGUI?xsd=xsd0"/>
[...]

Using this wsdl one cannot generate code, because the schemaLocation is
relative to the service location. (In the codegen process the schema
cannot be found)
Replacing the last line with an absolute url pointing to the schema
fixes that problem.

My Question is: What can I do to have the wsdl file sent by the running
axis2 instance be able to compile out of the box?

Thanks in advance!
Jochen Rieß

Re: Reference to external schema in wsdl broken

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Take the generated WSDL, edit the schema location to specify the
absolute URL, and redeploy the service with your modified WSDL.

Anne