Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Givler, Eric" <eg...@state.pa.us> on 2010/01/28 05:53:10 UTC

S1: Spring with Struts 1.3.5

Is anyone using Struts 1.3.x with the COR pattern (chain-config.xml and ComposableRequestProcessor) with Spring?

If so, how are you using Spring-defined Service Beans?  I haven't looked into this combination at all since I've been using Struts 1.3.x.  I'm just writing my own DAOs called by Actions, but really think I'd clean my code up more, if I had a defined Service Layer.  I think Spring could help in other areas as well, but don't want to abandon Struts completely as I have eight Production applications written using it, in combination with iBATIS, JSPs and JSTL, and a number of other Open Source Libraries and Frameworks.

I've seen some articles on Spring/Struts integration but from what I remember, they were for the OLDER (pre-COR) Struts.  I'm assuming that I'll way to lookup my action classes as Spring-managed beans.  How that works, I'm clueless.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Eric Givler